Monday, December 28, 2015

Breathe

What came first, the Inhale or the Exhale? 
Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. Genesis 2:7
 Beyond breathing's physical function of oxygen filling our lungs and our blood and keeping our bodies alive, breathing can take on so many more functions in our lives.
Blowing out a candle, blowing a kiss, whistling a tune.
Simply talking, sneezing, filling a balloon. 

Exhale

That big gulp of air before
A shout, a cry, a laugh, 
A moment of courage, the next kiss.

Inhale

An inhale is taking a breath in. 
A pause. 
A reflection.
There's very little you can do with an inhale besides 
Prepare for the next exhale. 

An exhale is giving a breath out. 
A burst of activity.
A display of what we can do.
A response.

So take this in...

Inhale.

With a breath, God gave us life.
Then The LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life. Genesis 2:7 

And with another breath...
God graciously gave us another chance, another life. 

When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said,  'It is finished.' And He bowed his head and gave up His spirit. John 19:30

So, how will you respond to what God has given you?
What will you do with the life you have been given?
What are you going to do with your next breath?

Exhale.

••••
I breathe in. 
God's breath in me. 
The life He has given me.
His grace fills me. 

I breathe out.
Praises to the One True King. 
Prayers of thanksgiving.
Words to exclaim, 
"Jesus, you're my everything!"

I take in God's love, grace, and peace. 
I breathe out, 
"Thank you."

"You love me."
"Thank you."

"You love me."
"Thank you."

Repeat, repeat, repeat. 
Until my last breath,
Repeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment